Is it just me or does this happen to everyone? The night before an important appoinment a big pimple shows up right in the centre of my face. My weapon in this situation: Dr Eckstein’s Azulen Paste.
- First impressions: First, I was a bit taken aback, because the paste has a green-greyish colour. The packaging is fairly simple and the 15 ml will last a few months, since the consistency is so stiff. Unfortunately, you always have to put your finger into the jar, which is not that hygienic. What I disliked about this product from the start was its smell
- Ingredients: (I have put the controversial ingredients in italics) Zinc Oxide, Aqua (Water), Lanolin, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Olus (Vegetable Oil), Decyl Oleate, Cetearyl Ehtylhexanoate, Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 39-C), Ocyl Strearate, Sobritan Oleate, Myroxylon Pereirae (Balsam Peru), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Parfum (Fragrance), Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Ichthammol, PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Stearyl Heptanoate, Aluminium Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castro Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cetyl Palmitate, Lanolin Alcohol, Trihydroxystearin, Stearyl Caprylate, Azulene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Streacric, Acid, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Allantoin, Pyridoxine, Riboflavin, Thiamine HCL, Benzyl Salicylate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Limonene
- Application: The paste is supposed to be applied point by point onto the blemishes. Afterwards, you’ll have green spots all over your face, so I prefer to use it overnight. By day, however, you can apply it in a thin layer, then the green tint also evens out any redness. The past does not really sink into the skin, so ideally, in the mornings you wake up with the green spots on your face. Otherwise, the product might be all over your pillow or shirt. Therefore, you should be a little bit careful and stay away from luxurious white covers.
- Effect: Small pimples get forced back over night, bigger ones take a little longer. But I have not had a problem area that was able to survive for long. Pimples get dried out, the inflammation and the redness fade away.
- Availabiliy: Some estheticians sell Dr. Eckstein products and it used to be quite difficult to get a hold of them, but now they are also available online. I bought it on Amazon for 8€, which is — in my opinion — neither a bargain nor overpriced.
- Overview of the advantages and disadvantages:
+- availability, ingredients, pricepoint
I have not found a more effective spot-on treatment against breakouts. That’s why I can deal with the smelly green dots, thank God Mr Wonderland has a good sense of humour