Hits – hero products of the month:
- Neutrogena Handcreme: I have no idea what I would have done without this creme. My skin was so dry it was actually patchy and itching, but after applying this concentrated cream for a few days, it was back to normal.
- Sleek Au-Natural Palette: After I had shamelessly neglected it for weeks, I used it almost exclusively in February. It is just so perfect for a subtle office look and has all the shades you need for a quick eye make up.
- Catrice Female Cream to Powder Blush: The texture and colour are just absolutely amazing and the blush stays on for an entire day.
- Alverde Shimmer Powder: A beautiful, subtle highlighter. I use it generously all over my face with the exception of my T-Zone and my skin looks even and glowing.
- MNY Lipstick Concrete Rocker 163A: A gorgeous, sheer strawberry red. This is the first lipstick I have ever worn to work and felt comfortable with, I really like it a lot.
- Essence Nail Polish “Mother Earth is Watching You”: Firstly, I like the colour a lot, it goes with everything and seems elegant. Secondly, I have never owned a cheap nailpolish that stays on this long. I wore it for an entire week — without a topcoat!
Flops – small disappointments:
- Medipharma Olive Oil Handcreme: unfortunately it just isn’t rich enough for my dry skin. I was expecting a lot more from a pharmacy product.
- Balea Shower gel Zuckerschnute: so many German bloggers were raving about this product that I gave in to the hype. However, I don’t like the intense sweet-citrussy smell when it foams up. I will use it up, but the smell is a bit much for me in the mornings.
- Rival de Loop oilfree eye makeup remover: Another raved about product that doesn’t live up to the hype — in my opinion. My eye area is dry as it is and this makeup remover makes it a lot worse. Also, I wake up with panda eyes every morning, because this product doesn’t remove gel liner or mascara properly.